Should You Open a New Age Business?
Deciding to start a business is one that requires careful consideration. For those who are interested in new age concepts, additional care needs to be practiced as it may be harder to achieve greater success in this area. However, understanding whether or not to proceed with your idea can be difficult.
If you’re interested in launching a business rooted in spiritual practice, here are a few questions that’ll help you answer the most important question, should you open a new age business?
1. Do I have what I need to launch a business right now?
Launching a business is a major responsibility. As such, it’s important to consider whether or not you have everything you need (or if you would be able to get it together) to start your own company. Some important areas to focus on when assessing your readiness includes:
- Do you have the funding to pay for registering your business, getting the supplies you need for your products, renting out warehouse space, and more?
- Do you have a strong brand and marketing strategy that’ll allow you to achieve quick growth and profitability?
- Do you already have a customer base interested in purchasing your products (or could you test the waters through an existing platform like Etsy)?
- Can you invest in helpful technology like case erector machines? Running a new age business, especially one where products (homemade or otherwise) are involved, takes a great deal of time. With the support of packaging equipment that helps turn case blanks into fully erected, bottom-sealed cases, you only have to worry about getting all of your magick supplies into the box and shipping it out to customers. Remember, actively investing in your business is a major part of boosting its efficiency and increasing its chances of success.
Only when you have a solid plan and all of your boxes checked off are you ready to start a business. If you’re unaware of some of the points above, that may be a sign that you should conduct further research and return to the idea later.
2. Who am I looking to sell to?
Arguably the most important question to ask yourself when you’re thinking of starting a new age business is, who would I be selling my products or services to?
For example, most stores won’t offer broad new-age services but rather focus on offering goods for one specific community, like Wiccans. With this target group in mind, it becomes easier to identify that you’ll need to offer essential witch supplies like divination tools (tarot cards, runes, pendulums), candles, oils, and wands, sprays, crystals and gemstones, herbs, incense, and so on. As a vendor, you may even be looking to develop your own product line of spell kits for beginners or specific rituals. This way, your customer base has everything they need to create their sacred space practice their witchcraft confidently.
From Wicca to Hoodoo, most stores have a focus. Consider your own, do your market research, and decide whether or not you would be able to make a space for yourself in that market.
3. Is this what I’m passionate about?
Sustainability not only relies on having a business that can compete, but by loving what you do. Are you passionate about your business idea? Is spirituality and helping others a major part of who you are as a person? If so, it’s not a matter of “should I?” but “how can I?”. If a new age business is a concept that drives you and energizes you, it takes time to figure out how to make it happen.
Going all-in on business is a choice that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Before you begin going through the steps, use the questions listed above to make sure you’re ready to start a new age business and tackle the highs and the lows that may come with it.